The labor market is cRaZy…so what? What are you supposed to do about it?
We sat down with our client executives and asked them straight up, “What are companies supposed to do when it seems like every single other company is hiring too?” Below is a list of their top seven hiring tips to stand out, improves processes, find the best talent, and of course save precious time and money in the current market. Take a look.
Don’t Delay – Engagement Tips
- Text candidates! If you have our ATS, you can text directly out of the applicant tracking system. Seriously, if you’re not doing this already, you are losing great candidates.
- Reach out to candidates the same day they apply or are presented and set interviews as soon as possible. The best candidates move on quickly, so don’t let them slip through your fingers.
Stand Out – Job Ad Posting Tips
- Advertise salaries and sign-on bonuses. Now commonplace in today’s recruiting market, candidates expect to see it. It’s never been more important to make sure your rates are competitive. Would you apply for a job without seeing the pay?
- Ensure your job ads meet SEO best practices, while also telling applicants a story about the role. Longwinded HR job descriptions (blah blah blah) are ignored by job seekers. Use the right keywords and tell the candidate what they’ll gain. Help them envision themselves at your company.
- Post your job openings on multiple job boards. If you are a current customer, you can post jobs in Talentcare and reach multiple job boards at once. Candidates will then all flow into your ATS, saving you time and $$.
Make It Easy – Process Improvement Tips
- Use an automated interview scheduling tool to reduce back and forth. The quicker you move, the better your conversion to hire. Don’t let candidates think you are stringing them along or even worse, ghosting them.
- If you aren’t moving forward with a candidate let them know. Break the news nicely and in a timely matter. You don’t want to leave a sour taste in their mouth about your company and who knows, they may be a fit in the future.
Follow these seven hiring tips and we guarantee your recruiting outcomes will improve.
If you’d like to chat with someone about your specific needs, how you can find talent in the market, or anything else talent-related, we are always here to talk.